Philip Salt Award – Stoma Care Nurse of the Year, ASCN UK
Do you know a Stoma Care Nurse who has been outstanding, has excelled over the last 12 months, and deserves to be honoured by his/her colleagues?
- Raised the profile of the specialism within your area
- Demonstrated a significant contribution to the stoma care specialism
- Contributed to enhancing/evolving the evidence base within stoma care nursing – participated in research/audit/publication or National presentations
- Developed practice to improve and evolve patient experience
- Demonstrated a pro-active approach to share best practice and enhance patient experience
- Acting as an advocate and activist to support patient issues e.g. working alongside medicines management and/or CCG’s
- Acting as an activist to support stoma care nursing e.g.in face of CCG demands, collaborative procurement hubs
- Has demonstrated innovation in service delivery or clinical standards of care
- Has taken a key role/lead in an educational offering or initiative with measurable outcomes of success
The nominations will be judged and chosen by the ASCN UK committee.
We are very grateful that this prestigious Award is kindly sponsored by Salts Healthcare, but Salts Healthcare have no influence or involvement in the final decision of the ASCN UK committee.
What you need to do…
- Please send your nomination form directly to the Chair of ASCN UK Maddie.White@uhb.nhs.uk and ASCN UK Secretariat email@example.com
- Include a summary of 500 words advising the committee why you think this person should be chosen and how they have fulfilled the above criteria
- Please attach any additional information as supportive evidence to your nomination
The announcement of the successful winner and presentation of the award will be made later in 2021, details to be confirmed.
The deadline for this is Friday 10th September 2021. Please use the application form below to enter:
ASCN UK Award for the Most Impactful Overall Oral Presentation
An award will be presented by ASCN UK to the most impactful Oral Presentation delivered at the conference. The winner of this award will receive free registration for the ASCN UK 2022 Conference.
An award for the Highly Commended Oral Presentation will also be delivered at the conference. The winner of this award will receive free one-year ASCN UK membership.
To view the areas to be judged for this award, please click here. You can refer to the Abstract Submission marking criteria (click here) for assistance on scoring areas.
ASCN UK Award for Most Impactful Poster
The ASCN UK Committee will award a prize for the best poster on display at the conference. The winner of this award will receive free registration for the ASCN UK 2022 Conference.
An award for the Highly Commended Poster Presentation will also be delivered at the conference. The winner of this award will receive free one-year ASCN UK membership.
To view the areas to be judged for this award, please click here.
New ‘Digital’ Presenter Award (supported by Coloplast)
Coloplast is committed to supporting the professional development of stoma care nurses. Part of our collaboration with nurses includes the New ‘Digital’ Presenters Award. This provides nurses who would like to present at the ASCN UK Virtual Conference the support to develop presentation skills and to build their confidence. Nurses who are interested in developing their professional expertise in this area should speak with their Coloplast Territory Manager for further information or advise so during the abstract submission process.