Stoma Care Nurse of the Year Award (supported by Salts)
Do you know a Stoma Care Nurse who has been outstanding, has excelled over the last 12 months, and deserves to be honoured by his/her colleagues?
- Raised the profile of the specialism within your area
- Demonstrated a significant contribution to the stoma care specialism
- Contributed to enhancing/evolving the evidence base within stoma care nursing – participated in research/audit/publication or National presentations
- Developed practice to improve and evolve patient experience
- Demonstrated a pro-active approach to share best practice and enhance patient experience
- Acting as an advocate and activist to support patient issues e.g. working alongside medicines management and/or CCG’s
- Acting as an activist to support stoma care nursing e.g.in face of CCG demands, collaborative procurement hubs
- Has demonstrated innovation in service delivery or clinical standards of care
- Has taken a key role/lead in an educational offering or initiative with measurable outcomes of success
Nominations for this award will be reviewed and the winner will be selected by the ASCN UK Committee.
The deadline for this is Friday 30th August 2019. Please click here to download the application form.
ASCN UK Award for the Most Impactful Overall Oral Presentation
An award will be presented by ASCN UK to the most impactful Oral Presentation delivered at the conference. The winner of this award will receive free registration for the ASCN UK 2019 Conference.
An award for the Highly Commended Oral Presentation will also be delivered at the conference. The winner of this award will receive free one-year ASCN UK membership.
To view the areas to be judged for this award, please click here. You can refer to the Abstract Submission marking criteria (click here) for assistance on scoring areas.
ASCN UK Award for Most Impactful Poster
The ASCN UK Committee will award a prize for the best poster on display at the conference. The winner of this award will receive free registration for the ASCN UK 2019 Conference.
An award for the Highly Commended Poster Presentation will also be delivered at the conference. The winner of this award will receive free one-year ASCN UK membership.
To view the areas to be judged for this award, please click here.
New Presenters Award (supported by Coloplast)
Coloplast is committed to supporting the professional development of stoma care nurses. Part of our collaboration with nurses includes the Presenters Award. This provides nurses who would like to present at the ASCN UK Conference the support to develop their abstract, presentation skills and to build their confidence. Nurses who are interested in developing their professional expertise in this area should speak with their Coloplast Territory Manager for further information.
UA Award (supported by Urostomy Association)We are delighted to be offering two awards.
- The first award is for a proposed or completed piece of research into urinary diversion.
- The second award is for a completed case study relating to urinary diversion.
The focus of the first award is to offer some financial support for you, the stoma care nurse to facilitate some innovative research aimed at increasing the understanding of urinary diversion.
The second award will offer an educational grant in acknowledgement of a completed case study which has demonstrated practice leading to an improvement in the quality of life for people living with a Urostomy or other form of Urinary Diversion.
For the research proposal – a grant for up to £500 will be provided on the successful outcome of the research and payment on receipt of expenses/educational grant to your department. For the completed case study relating to urinary diversion – a £250 educational grant will be presented to your Department.
Applicants must submit a 500-word summary of their proposed research project or completed case study and email this to Maddie.White@ascnuk.com. However, if you wish to submit a completed case study abstract for the ASCN UK 2019 Conference this will be accepted as your application. Please make this known to ASCN UK on the application form. The Committee of ASCN UK will then judge all entries and decide on the winners. The successful award winners will be requested to present their research/case study at the ASCN UK Conference.
The closing date for applications for 2019 will be 30th August 2019 (unless submitting your case study for 2019 presentation closing date is 1st June). The winners of the Awards will be announced at the ASCN UK 2019 Conference.
Please click here to download the application form.